This sales tax rate locator is intended to be used only for the purpose of determining the proper Wisconsin state, county and baseball stadium district sales tax rate(s) that apply to a transaction that takes place at a specific location, as determined by that location's 9-digit zip code. This rate locator does not identify any other taxes that may also apply to a transaction such as the local exposition district taxes, the premier resort area taxes, the rental vehicle fees, etc.
You may search for the appropriate Wisconsin State, County and Stadium sales tax rate(s) by entering either a 5-digit or 9-digit zip code. See the instructions below.
- 9-digit (Zip+4) searches are preferred and should always return only 1 tax jurisdiction.
- 5-digit searches often return multiple tax jurisdictions. If multiple jurisdictions are returned, you must determine the appropriate jurisdiction for your transaction.
- Enter the date of the transaction in the space indicated using the format mm/dd/yyyy.
- Enter a 9-digit zip code (Zip+4) in the space indicated. (Note: If you do not know the 9-digit zip code for the address where the sale will take place, click here for a link to the United States Postal Service website to look up the 9-digit zip code based upon the address. If after checking the USPS website you are still unable to obtain the 9-digit zip code, enter the 5-digit zip code where the sale will take place. Be aware that 5-digit zip codes often cross county lines and the results displayed when entering just a 5-digit zip code may include more than one taxing jurisdiction. It is up to you, the user, to determine the proper taxing jurisdiction and rate based on the results displayed.)
- Press "Search".
- To look-up the rate(s) for another zip code, press "Reset" or "New Search" and follow these instructions again.